First “Green+ Hospital” in Germany
Open since mid-2010, the Ethianum in Heidelberg, Germany is a clinic specializing in plastic surgery, aesthetic surgery and preventive medicine. It is one of the first hospitals in Germany to rigorously focus on sustainability criteria. Based on an innovative solution concept from Siemens, the Ethianum combines the latest diagnostic procedures and treatments with the use of natural resources – for example, in the area of power supply.
- Intelligent building management system using geothermal energy as a source of energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- Resource-saving, patient-friendly medical systems and lighting technology to make examinations as pleasant and efficient as possible
- Energy-saving, multifunctional communications network that gives physicians reliable access to treatment data from patient rooms, provides patients with multimedia and telephone access, and allows them to control the heating and cooling in their room
- Consistent use of communications technology to support more efficient workflows
- Intelligent planning ensures a high recycling quota – during construction, operation, and in the event the building is ever taken down*
- No carbon emissions from heating, air-conditioning or water heating thanks to geothermal energy*
- Sustainable energy savings of up to 50 percent through the use of efficient medical technology*
Customer and patient value
- Reduced energy and operating costs thanks to consistent energy management*
- Excellent patient care with the aid of the latest medical technology
- Friendly, healing atmosphere and hotel-like comfort, for example through innovative lighting concepts and use of daylight
- Enhanced image thanks to focus on sustainability and environmental protection
* Data on file.